- The Assessor determines the value of real property, vacant and improved, commonly known as real estate, within the Town.
- The Assessor maintains the assessment roll, including the physical description and inventory of all real property, in the Town.
- The Assessor approves and tracks property tax exemptions.
- The Assessor reviews all transfers of property in the Town verifying all conditions of the sale.
Each year every parcel is reassessed and the new tentative assessment is mailed to the property owners May 1. The tentative assessments are available online, in the Assessor's office, at the Town Clerk's office and at the Putnam County Office of Real Property for review. The Town of Southeast maintains their assessments at 100% of market value with a valuation date of July 1 of the prior year. After the period to hear grievances has passed, the final assessment roll is effective July 1.
Property owners have the right to a review of their assessment for the current tentative roll completed by the Assessor.
- Grievance applications, with documentation supporting your requested assessed value, must be filed in the Town of Southeast with the Assessor or the Board of Assessment Review.
- The complaint must be filed on or before the first day the Board of Assessment review meets to hear grievances (being the 4th Tuesday in May).
Extra Open Hours
The Assessor's Office is open late Wednesday nights in May prior to Grievance Day to further assist the public.
Board of Assessment Review
For more information, please visit the Board of Assessment Review page.
||July 1 Prior Year
|Taxable Status Date
|Exemption Filing Deadline
|Tentative Roll Filed
||4th Tuesday in May
|Final Roll Filed