Town Clerk


The Town Clerk records all official Town documents and keeps an accurate account of all meetings. The Office of the Town Clerk provides an interface with the public, answering questions about Town Government and directing individuals to the correct Town Department or agency for more information.


The Office of the Town Clerk processes the following:
  • Alarm Permits
  • Bids, RFPs and Quotes
  • Bingo Licenses
  • Burn Permits
  • Dog Licenses
  • Fishing and Hunting Licenses
  • FOIL (Freedom of Information Law) requests
  • Handicap Parking Permits
  • Liquor Licenses
  • Marriage Licenses and Certificates
  • Requests for Certified Copies of Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates
  • Food Truck Permits

Waste & Recycling Items

Available for purchase through the Town Clerk's office are leaf bags and recycle bins. Also available are free "Recycle" stickers.

Burn Permits

NYS DEC local Burn Permits are available from the Town Clerk all year except between March 15th and May 15th. Residents are reminded that leaf burning is never allowed and burning brush is not allowed on Sundays and holidays.
Residents of the Town of Southeast (excluding the Village of Brewster) can obtain a Burn Permit from the Office of the Town Clerk. This DEC form can only be obtained from one of these issuing agents in person, by the property owner only. There is no charge and these permits are valid for one month.

FOIL Requests

Please submit a FOIL Request Form to request access to Public Records through the Freedom of Information Law.